Skip to main content

I'm Back

I was always 20-30 card behind on the blog but then I missed a few days; and then a few more days; and then a few more days. Next thing you know, I'm 430 cards behind. So instead of trying to catch them up, I am going to start with the four cards I received today. I have H


irrem from Australia to thank for that as she was looking forward to see if her card featured in the Blog. If that's not a good enough excuse to start back up, then I don't know what is.

Today's cards came from Hong Kong, Malaysia, Ukraine, and Australia. 

Comments

  1. That's a *big* pile of postcards! Are they all the ones you received between the time you fell behind in uploading to your blog til now? And wow its so humbling to know that people from Ukraine are still able to make time to send out a postcrossing postcard despite all that's going on there right now. Happy to know my postcard reached you safely too. I've bookmarked your blog page and will check it periodically. I love seeing all the different styles of postcards people send and receive. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3566 - Bakhmach, Chernihiv, Ukraine

Bakhmach is locarted in northern Ukraine. I'm taking this next paragraph straight out of Wikipedia: During the  Russian invasion of Ukraine  on February 26, 2022, at least 65 units of Russian military equipment moved through Bakhmach, with about a hundred more on the outskirts. Local residents tried to stop the convoy on their own by blocking tank tracks with makeshift objects and convincing Russian soldiers not to move towards  Kyiv . One man attempted to climb onto a tank and block the road with his body (he was not hurt). However, the military equipment continued to move, and Russian forces fired several shots into the air. Слава Україні!

3564 - Kassel, Hesse, Germany

A wonderful message on this card that translates to to those wh o can wait, everything comes with time.

2352 - Cologne (Köln), North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

Cologne is home to the twelve Romanesque churches. All are Catholic churches and all are found in Altstadt (old town). All were severely damaged during the 262 Allied air raids on Cologne. All twelves have been restored. St. Andreas was consecrated in 974. The crypt of the church as a sarcophagus that dates back to the third century and it holds the remains of St. Albertus Magnus, who died in 1280. St. Apostein was consecrated in the 800s. St. Cecilia was built in the 800s and it the current home of the Schnutgen Museum for Medieval Art. It still holds Catholic Mass on rare occasions.  St. Georg's was built near the end of 1000s. It was extensively restored after the Second World War. St. Gerion's was established in 612. St. Kunibert was consecrated in 1247. Cunibert, the 9th Bishop of Cologne, is buried here. St. Maria im Kapital was built between 1040-1065. It was also heavily damaged during the war and restoration was finally completed in 1984.  St. Maria Lyskirchem is the ...