Since the Russian invasion of Ukraine, I have chosen to protest by only including the photo of the postcard, but not say anything about it. However, I am making an exception this time as the sender has publicly stated in her Postcrossing bio that she is against the war - a brave thing as Putin is quick to put down anyone protesting.
She says, Attention! I am against war that putin started. Territorial integrity must be inviolable. All problems should be solved only peacefully. This war is a crime. I hate war! Our government is trying to shut up all ears, glue all eyes and close up all mouths so that people do not know about its shame and do not discuss it with the world and among themselves.
But if you don't want to send me a postcard because you want here to boycott Russia as an aggressor country, I understand your feelings. Tell me ID, I'll register your postcard that you didn't send me. Let there be peace – a peace throughout the entire world, no matter how banal it does sound. Let there be peace everywhere without putin. (added March 4, 2022).

Comments
Post a Comment